Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow snow everywhere!


So the snow they predicted actually did arrive and is still arriving as I type this. The say it will stop snowing sometime around midnight tonight.

But the wind...oh the wind is nasty.

One of our local little entrepreneur type kids was going door to door asking to snow blow the driveway, sidewalks and walkways for $5.00. He had a local grown up guy out there helping him that I know is a good guy.

Sure I say....go ahead. They did a pretty good job well as far as I can tell from inside my warm house all bundled up sipping my hot coffee. Five dollars is a small price to pay for the warmth I feel right now.

As I sit here I am hearing snow blowers and snowmobiles going crazy in the neighborhood. I can see a snowman from my window but not much else because the wind is whipping around the snow so much. They say over 10 inches before it is over. Yesterday I might have laughed at that but today watching it come down I am no longer a scoffer.

People driving in this weather amuse and frighten me. They either go 5 mph begging to get themselves stuck in a drift (or someone else stuck trying to avoid them) or fly along at 65 mph testing the limits of their car insurance policy. Very few and far between are careful yet safe drivers.

Me?? I am just opting to stay at home tonight. Car safely in the driveway. Myself snug and warm inside watching reruns of Law and Order on the Dish.

No comments: