Saturday, February 10, 2007

My search is over!


As I have stated in almost every post about Jamaica I fell in love with these things called Jucci Patties.

I know they are probably horribly fattening or something just because I like them. BUT.....

I finally talked to the owner of the little shop I have been frequenting. Until now I have only come across his employees and well....I think a little was lost in their understanding of my English and I have not been able to track down the owner. It seems that when he goes to pick up his supplies and sundries in Chicago he can get me Jucci patties by the case!?!

By the case I tell ya! I am so flipping excited it isn't even funny! There are either 12 or 24 wonderfully mouthwatering delicious Jucci patties in each case.

He is checking on the price and will be giving me a quote to give to all my other Jucci patty loving mission friends so that the next time he goes he can bring them back for me!!!!!!!!! uhhhh....... I mean us!!

I know in Jamaica they were less than 75 cents each and to bring back a frozen case of 12 from the airport was only around $13.00. Still with taxes and importing them and all they can't be THAT expensive. It is not like I will make these a main part of my diet but it will be nice to splurge and relive a little piece of Jamaica.

I am sooooo excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1) I want to know WHAT is in these darn things to have you so hooked! I mean, before the trip? you were hooked on mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and taco bell. Pretty much the same things that you have eaten your entire freaking life now you return and you are in love with these patties that sound like Mr. Wrigley (of the gum fame) named them. and 2) have you looked up the recipe to see if you can make them?