Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Jaded?....Nope not me!


I had a big post planned on anti-Valentines stuff like last year. Complete with links here and here and here and here.




Cynical? Why yes a little.

One of the things I thought about was the fact that one year ago today is when my Divorce Papers where filed with the court. I did not choose this day. I signed them at the lawyers office, they then sent them to the court house and worked there way through until they were stamped today...a year ago.

Valentine's day has a new meaning for me this year. Maybe next year the divorce will be final and I can make new memories with someone new.

I am really a hopeless romantic. I believe in the happily ever after, flowers, candy and candlelight dinners. Despite the horrible ending of my marriage, the adultery, the lies and the other circumstances surrounding my marriage I am not jaded. I still believe in love and marriage.

I am not looking for a man right now because I am still married. In God's eyes that makes any relationship with a man (boyfriend etc.) adultery for me. I simply will not do that. My choice.

Maybe later I will post some of the pictures I took outside today....

1 comment:

Patty said...

Like everything else in life, Valentine's day is what you make it. Read my comment to T-girl and you will see it doesn't have to be about romance, but about doing things in the name of love.

I called my sister last night to wish her happy, happy and she told me, just like you, she set out to be anti-V-day, because she hates ect... She teaches special education (in high schoool), and one of her first students of the morning came in with flowers for her. She told him, "I was all set to hate this day and then you go and do something like this, and make me feel all special. Now how am I suppose to stay feeling crabby?" (or something like that, I para-phrased.) How funny is that?

Okay, I wasn't married to him, with a real invested relationship like you and Big Red, but one of my live-in boyfriends ended things with me on V-day (8 years ago) at a time in my life when I thoughts things could not possibly get any worse for me. The next day I "just happen" to be starting massage school because I needed to increase my income. (my) Mister "just happen" to be taking the same class, and the rest, as they say, is history!