Tuesday, June 20, 2006

ugh

I have had a headache since Sunday afternoon. I asked to take tomorrow off work to sleep in and try to kick it.

I have heard from a couple of the people I sent letters of support to about the Jamaica trip. I hope to have the down payment on the trip by Sunday.

My cat doesn't like the new cat food. It makes her sick.

The scooter still has a flat tire. I have the new tube and the patched older one I just can't get it on the wheel.

I sent out several more resumes tonight. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to get a job with health insurance.

The new Superman movie comes out next week.

Sometimes when you give it everything you have it still isn't enough. Sometimes you are so emotionally drained that you have nothing left to give to anyone.

I can't wait to go to Heaven and see God face to face.

1 comment:

Patty said...

And sometimes it IS okay to not have anything left to give to others. It IS okay to just take care of yourself for awhile, and let others worry about taking care of themselves. I have finally figured out that: 1. The world will NOT end if I take time for myself, and 2. If you step back this affords others the opportunity to step up.

About three years ago, I stopped saying yes everytime the school called for a volunteer. Unless I really wanted to fill the request my response became, "I need to say no to this. My saying yes will rob someone else of the opportunity to experiencing the joy of volunteering."