Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lucky? No I don't think so...

In the last 72 hours everything has just started coming together for this missions trip to Jamaica. Some would call it luck but I believe it is God providing the way for His will to be completed in my life.

I told God I would be obedient and go on a missions trip but He would need to provide the finances for me to go. The day before the first installment of money was due with the application I had some people come through and donate the money to the cause.

Today I went down to the local county type building to obtain a copy of my Birth Certificate for the purpose of gathering the all important Passport. I walked in and after only 5 minutes ( a miracle in itself) walked out with my goal achieved. As I was leaving the building I ran into a fellow church member that happens to work in this building. After the usual pleasantries she asked why I was there. I explained in detail as she is a friend of mine. Get this...

Are you ready...

She pulled out her checkbook and wrote a substantial check toward the cost of the trip!

God is providing the money just like I knew He would. When I stepped out in obedience I knew He would provide the way for me to earn the money and put the people in my path to help me out.

I don't believe in luck. I believe in God and His blessings. I believe that He is providing this because He wants me in Jamaica at that time for His reasons. I believe I have a divine appointment.

I know that He will continue to provide until the cost of this trip is met. I believe between the ideas He has given to me and those around me and the people he is prompting to provide money to this cause I will be in Jamaica in November for Him.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Who needs luck when we have the Lord?

There are so many reasons that God wants you to go on this trip, some of them may never be made known to you, just to those that you touch. As you say, the reasons you will be there are of a divine nature, that only you,servant of God One4jc, can fullfill.

Get excited Girl...... You're going on a mission!

Nic said...

I am so happy for you! That is such a way of God telling you "See, I provide. All you have to do is give Me to opportunity by trusting Me."

That is such wonderful news to hear! :)

Dan Turkette said...

Hey, I've been following your Blog for sometime now. Setup a PayPal account and link to it from your Blog. I'll be the first to drop $100 in it. Really.