Sunday, October 30, 2005

Run in with Big Red

So as I was leaving Church today I ran into Big Red in the parking lot. He waved and I stopped to ask him a quick question. Long story short (yeah right you say)as I was leaving I said I needed to get home because I had lunch waiting for me. I looked up to see a tear in his eye. I think it hit him hard that I was calling some place else home. In thinking back I don't believe I had said that in front of him before. I have been living here for over 3 months now...it makes sense that this is home. That other house doesn't hold anything for me but empty promises and broken dreams...goodness I'm starting to sound like a Hallmark card or maybe a beer commercial.

He has yet to check on the cell phone bill that he thinks is wrong because it has (20+ years)friend on it. I know because his name doesn't appear on the account so no one can give him access to the account unless I OK it. I took the password off but it never has been in his name. If he really felt like the bill was wrong and the calls on it were an error he would not have waited over 2 weeks to check into it. It's not like he's working right now...

No comments: