Thursday, October 20, 2005

Forgiveness

Well the class last night was enlightening! It was on forgiveness. Wow...what a hot topic that turned in to. I have not been perfect. I have been wrong. (gasp) We had to ask each other for forgiveness and also tell the other person what we believed they needed to be forgiven for (did you follow that?). He refuses to ask forgiveness for the phone calls (183 in two months) to another woman (a friend of 20+ years that we agreed he would cut contact with for awhile to work on our marriage) or the little incident about getting caught in the neighbors yard (see previous post). He doesn't think he was wrong even though he has broken the agreement (promise)he made to me. I'm beginning to wonder if he is listening to God at all. He is not willing to forgive me for the offenses he holds against me either. I continue to forgive him for the affair and other things on a daily (sometimes minutely) basis. That doesn't make me better than him...I am just trying to be obedient to God. That it...that's the bottom line...obedience.

Off in another direction...

Work was interesting. My co-teacher is still out on Family Medical Leave...the kids are crazy...it's raining...and there is a bit of unfairness at work regarding breaks etc. So I'm a little bit frustrated about everything and I want to just whine awhile then curl up in bed with a warm blanket and a cup of Hot Cocoa! Whew I feel better now.

I did remember an interesting quote:

Unforgiveness is like the poison you drink expecting the other person to die.


Ok I had to include something funny too...

The famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced Peek-A-Boo) is not just an athlete....she is now a nurse currently working at the Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital.

She is not permitted to answer the hospital telephones. It caused too much confusion when she would answer the phone and say, Picabo, ICU!


he he he I know it's corny....