Monday, October 17, 2005

Picture Day at school

So I teach preschool at a local daycare. I am in a classroom full of 2 year olds...not just a couple but up to 15 at one time! Recently we had the annual event every teacher dreads...PICTURE DAY. Now please understand that I love my job, I chose to do this as my profession, I spent almost 4 years in college learning how to do this task well and look forward to seeing all those smiling little faces every morning. The things that amuse me the most about this year's picture day are:
  • The parent who drops off her 2 year old in a pure white~Sunday best~dress and asks us not to let her get dirty at all. Now this child normally reminds me of the Peanuts character called "Pigpen" so the request was a little overwhelming to say the least. Within minutes of the parent leaving the child had already taken off her cute little sweater(to match the dress) and pulled her hair ribbon out and tossed it on the floor. This was going to be a long day...
  • The parent who decided that today would be her child's first day at our school. A traumatic event anyway compounded by our complete lack of a schedule or routine. I felt so sorry for him.
  • The child who decided 15 minutes before our slotted time to completely strip off ALL her clothes!
  • The child waiting in line to have his picture taken, sneezes and snot flies everywhere! EEWWWWWWWWW Time for the quick clean up job.
To top off the day my normal... maybe I should say regular because she is a little odd at times...co-teacher was not able to be present for this morning...so that threw yet enough wrench in the works. Well I feel better now... let's change gears...

Someone emailed me this cool link today. If you are a child of the late 80's or early 90's and remember the song "Baby got Back" you will get a total kick out this. A regular guy took this song and made it clean AND about the Bible.

http://www.unc.edu/~shoyle/BigBibles.wmv


Anyway that's all for now....

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You forgot one . . . the parent that decides to place their child in a daycare where no one else speaks their language. And they don't know any english. How scary is that for a child??

Salar37_Shushan said...

*passes over multiple boxes of kleenexes & wipes as you must be out by now*

Sounds like it was quite a challenging day!