Friday, December 23, 2005

Women of Faith Princess

I attended my second Women of Faith conference this summer. This was only 2 weeks after I had found out about Big Red's act of adultery. One of the core speakers was Nicole Johnson. She spoke of being a princess in God's eyes. I went to the website recently and discovered the following:


God Names You Princess

Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Psalm 16:11

God draws near to our hoping, trembling hearts and whispers one word: princess. Heaven holds its breath as He speaks a name that is deeper than our gifts or abilities; a name that gives us our place and purpose in the world. For a woman, it is a portrait of her heart and soul, which belongs only to her and to no one else in the same way. It expresses the nature, the character, and the life purpose of the woman who bears it. To paraphrase George MacDonald, “Who can give a woman this, her own name? God alone. For no one but God knows and delights in who she is, and who she will become.”

No one but God can recognize you fully. No one but God can love you completely. No one but God can name you Princess.

Nicole Johnson
Keeping a Princess Heart

Excerpted from Faith for a Lifetime: Daily Inspiration for Women of Faith
© 2005 Women of Faith, Inc. All rights reserved.

Since the conference my Mom has even gotten me a small crown. I keep it in my bathroom on a shelf next to my mirror. It helps me every morning to remember that God's opinion is most important and He thinks I'm a Princess.

No comments: