Monday, December 26, 2005

Post Christmas shopping


Well I was extremely brave today. I braved the crowds and went to this little discount place that was selling all there items for 59 cents and all the hallmark items for 99 cents. I didn't have high hopes because most times the items here are not very "high quality" to say the least. BUT I was shocked... the items were great, new things I hadn't seen a million times. I did take the Mom with me... Let's just say I know what will be in our stockings next year and I'm actually looking forward to it. Even with as cheap as the items were I still managed to spend about $35!

I did speak with Big Red last night. He called in the middle of the afternoon and I let it go to voicemail. I called him back around 8:30pm last night. His whole purpose in calling was simply to wish me a Merry Christmas and to tell me he missed the family. We briefly discussed how our separate celebrations went and ended it on a pleasant note. That has been happening more and more often. I think he finally realizes how badly he screwed up and what he will be losing because of his selfish motives. I think there is hope to end the marriage and finish the divorce in a civil tone yet.

No comments: