Thursday, December 22, 2005

Kids today...


So I am about to enjoy a 4 day weekend! The only children I will be around are related by blood and I can walk away if I want to. I don't have to watch them, referee them or monitor them in any way. I know it makes me sound old but kids today really are different. Due to state licensing regulations of daycares we are not even allowed to give a "timeout" in my classroom. So the children know there are no "real" consequences and behave accordingly. Anyway I choose this career and I do love my job...most days.

I am sure that good ole Mom will be keeping me hopping trying to finish up everything before Christmas. In some aspects I am ready for the day itself to be over so that the stress level can return to "normal". I'm not stressed but others around me are. I am sad about spending my first Christmas in seven years without Big Red. I know it's the right thing to do but the pain is still very real.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are doing fine. We are all proud of you. It'll be hard, but you'll get through it. Happy holidays!