Thursday, December 01, 2005

New Orleans and Bulgaria???

The missions trip...

Well as I sat and listened to a friend discuss her recent missions trip to New Orleans (to help with clean up) last night during class it finally made sense..well sort of.
She said that she came back with a picture in her head of a little 18 month old boy she saw holding his Father's hand in a line to receive free food on Thanksgiving day. She spoke briefly with the man and learned that he had lost everything he owned and came out to get food from "volunteer groups" every day with his son. As my friend reflected on this picture she thought about this: Nothing else mattered or even made sense to that little boy except that his Dad was holding his hand and providing him with the basics (like food). She said it reminded her of our relationship with our own Heavenly Father. He is there to hold our hand, provide for us and comfort us when nothing makes sense. When we feel like the rug has been ripped out from under us...He is there. When we hear the "dreadful news"...He is there. When your world seems out of control and you don't know what to do He is there to hold our hands, provide for us (whatever the need) and comfort us. The key is this: We must trust Him to do this with the faith of a child. The little boy trusted his earthly Father like we need to trust in our Heavenly Father.

My points are:
* God will see me through this situation with Big Red if I let Him. I'm not in control and He needs me to realize this so that He can help me.
*My friend also stated that she came back very grateful for what she does have and with "a new outlook and perspective on her life and what it means."
* I believe God is urging me to go to Bulgaria at that particular time because I WILL need a fresh outlook by that time. The divorce will either be final or nearing the end by that time.

No comments: