Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm back from the edge of insanity...Part 1

Oh what a trip! I think I see many posts coming from this 3 day whirl wind trip to Texas for the funeral of my Aunt.

On Friday I was in Indiana....we left at 7:00pm. By 3:00pm Saturday we were in Dallas. We were back on the road heading North by 4:15 Sunday afternoon and arrived back in our fair city just after 2 this afternoon.

Keep that in mind as I fill in the blanks....HUGE blanks.....we were all very tired.

Before we even made it to Indy I knew we had made a mistake. We should have never agreed to let Mom and Beau come along in the same car.

Beau is a former truck driver. He thinks he knows everything about ever road. And MapQuest? Why those directions aren't right! He would not even let us read them to each other. I started as the co-pilot and my sister was driving. I was reading the exit numbers to her and he would interrupt to tell me they were wrong AND go on to give us the "right" directions.

As he is telling us the directions I realize they are EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHAT IS ON MY PAPER! He just refused the entire trip to let us give each other the exit numbers. He would tell us we were wrong and it would spiral out of control from there. He insisted we only use the names of the roads for guidance. Even thought the man is basically deaf we could not have a conversation in the car without his input. And if Beau was talking no one in the car could really sleep...until I remembered my lovely MP3 player that I could sleep with.

And then my Mom's legs started cramping. So she was moved to the front seat. Sister was moved to the back with me and we started to get some ZZZZzzzzz's. Well I did Beau and Mom started talking to my sister and prevented her from sleeping...AT ALL... all the way to Texas basically. The only time Sister got to sleep was when Beau got to sleep...defeating the purpose of alternating drivers for rest purposes.

Of course there is so much more to the story including damaging the spoiler on the car...limiting the time spent with our family (who we went to comfort and see to begin with)...the "RUDE" argument...making fun of the car, people and everything related to the trip...oh and the discovery that Beau is a racist...

I NEED a shower and to do a load of laundry so I will continue the story later...

No comments: