Monday, October 30, 2006

Whoa......

I leave this Saturday. We have our final meeting tonight to put the finishing touches on the missions projects we intend to do while down in Jamaica. I am VERY excited and have been running around like a lunatic collecting last minute items to conform with the ever changing airline guidelines.

I am in a little bit of shock that this is actually going to happen. I am excited.

Someone asked me today if I had thought about "what if I died on the trip?" Hmmmmmmm.

My quick response was well I guess I'll see you later on in Heaven. Bye now.

Thanks for placing that nice little fear in my head. But it does sound a little appealing.

I can only imagine.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I know you didn't share the whole conversation, but I think that is a strange question to ask someone. As we never know when we will die, we always need to be right with God and not worry about the when.

I also think it would be cool to be remembered as the one that died while doing God's work, and living out his plan for your life. Let go of that little fear so you can fully enjoy the gift of service that you have been given.

I am excited for you, and know you are going to have the time of your life.