Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Mother's Day blitz is on...


Next to my work there is a billboard just like this one that says something about life begins at conception. They are all over town. I have seen them that say things about the number of couples waiting to adopt babies, this child will find the cure for breast cancer etc etc etc.

I agree with the idea behind them. I have not always believed this way but the important thing is that I do now because of my belief in God. I have always wanted children, dreamed of the day when I could have them. Mother's Day is always hard for me.

Billboards like this one always tug at my heart strings because these are the only images I have of my children. I only have ultrasound pictures of a few of them. Most of them have been given names and certain dates are harder than others. Earlier this week I passed the 5 year mark of the last D and C which marked the death of the second twin. Yes I miscarried them separately...3 weeks apart. I didn't cry this year. Progress is a slow thing.

Mother's Day I am going to the 1st service at my church so that my sister and I can meet Mom and Beau for lunch. I am hoping a few of my friends are switching services as well for the day so I will have someone to sit with in case it doesn't go well.

I am optimistic...I am hoping it will go well. Billboards like this don't help me. But I know they may stop someone from having an abortion or making a mistake they will regret.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

Patty said...

You are a mother in your heart. I continue to pray that you are soon a mother in the flesh as well!

Thinking of you today with fondness and love.