Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bullheaded

Sometimes as a teacher I run into bullheaded children. Now as a director again I am running into bullheaded staff.

I have one employee who has argued with absolutely everything I have said since the old director left last week. Down to when I can take MY break. UMMM...... excuse me???!!

We have a few people out sick this week (and I am getting my feet wet this week) so I haven't had the opportunity to call her "to the office" and have THAT discussion yet. I wonder if she will be one who survives the transition. She is the youngest employee but the one with whom they have always had the most problems. I did burst her bubble several times today but we have yet to have the Showdown at the OK Corral.

Well I am off to church tonight...more tomorrow!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh the picture your post brings to mind!

You in a bright red suit waving a hanky, and she, head down,nostrils flailing, tennis shoe pawing at the dirt... My money is on you!