Thursday, May 24, 2007

The perils of working in a daycare

So the dreaded sore throat is making it's rounds at the daycare... Guess who has been stricken with it...yes I said stricken. I have been sneezed on enough to catch it.

Several of the staff have also been nailed with it but only one ignored it long enough to let it go to bronchitis.

That is not me.

The Preschool program officially ends tomorrow and our "Summer of Fun" starts next week.

I know I don't feel good but I seriously need to have a "sit down" with one of the staff who is intentionally pushing every one of my buttons. She doesn't feel good either but that only makes her more mean than usual.

A friend of mine lost a close relative this week...well the whole extended family seems really close... this is really hard for her... so if you could say an extra prayer for her that would be great. And I know she would appreciate it.

My throat hurts so much that I don't even want to ride the scooter. I think I have a fever but given the whole APS thing a fever is not that unusual.

Well I need to go to bed as my cell phone just rang with a teacher calling in sick...ugh... so a long day is ahead.

No comments: