Saturday, May 05, 2007

Arrr Matey! Who needs fertilizer when the neighbor has a dog!

Ok so I am exhausted! I have learned a few things today. I spent most of the morning scouring garage sales for new equipment and toys that the center I am working at seriously needs. I came home and decided that the yard needed mowed in the worst way.

1. Who needs fertilizer when the new neighbors have a dog? All over the front yard I had these nice little spots that had sprouted lush green grass. I thought the lawn might be making a comeback from the brown stubble I was left with after winter had had it's way with it. After the first sweep with the mower I realized I had the neighbor's dog to thank.

2. My new neighbors have a pirate flag hung in the window of the screened in front porch. It is right next to the bumper sticker in the window that reads "Insured by Glock"


3. Sometimes grass is too thick to let the blades rotate thus killing the motor. I was unaware this could happen. Mental note to self:don't let grass get that high again before mowing.

4. Some people who hold garage sales think their items are brand new and try to charge as if they are.

5. Some people also believe that people attending their garage sales will buy just about anything. I don't believe I will buy a half used bottle of shampoo or more than half burnt candles at a sale anytime soon.

6. Petrified dog poop run over by a lawn mower can travel quite a far distant.

7. I do NOT like sweating... nor getting bits of my hair stuck in tree branches.

8. I bought a small fish tank to put on my desk at work. I find fish to be very relaxing.

9. I like self propelled lawn mowers but do not like not being able to breathe when I am done with the lawn.

10. I have been done mowing for about an hour and my hands are still vibrating from the mower.

11. If my Mom even comments on the quality of job that I did on the yard.........well it had better be positive!

12. I would rather go to my church tomorrow but my presence is required at a different church so I must go.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I have been questioning why we have this one big round bright green spot in the center of our backyard. Thanks for the answer! This spot is right in front of one of my garden beds, and there is a smaller brown spot behind it that I have been told is the work of grubs. Do you think I could train the dogs to go on that spot and kill two birds (does dog pee kill grubs?) with two little dogs? How cool would that be?