Sunday, June 10, 2007

The weekend in a nutshell

So I spent the day on Saturday up in the great north attending a whole town type garage sale. There were about 100 sales and I think I was at about 90 of them...
with my Mom.

Sigh.

I did however clean up for the daycare. I think I bought every piece of Little Tykes equipment I could find.
I bought a slide, a stove, a ride on dump truck, a baby care set with a changing table and swing, a rocker, a baby cradle, a ride on tractor with a tow behind trailer, a desk toy and a bulletin board.


I also picked up some orange cones, a few baby toys, a Boggle Jr. game, a bag of dress up clothes, puzzles, hard dress up hats (firefighter etc) and a walker for the baby room. Not bad for only about $41.00.

The haul of goodies made it worth spending the day with Mom when she's not firing on all cylinders...you know when she forgets stuff and complains all. day. long.

We had a very powerful sermon today at church. Actually it was more of a monologue. One of the Pastors who doesn't normally speak on Sundays stood and gave a dramatic presentation of the Sermon on the Mount. I can't even begin to do it justice here so I will not attempt it. I can say he stood at the front and quoted the entire chapter word for word with props and pauses.

Wow.

I didn't get the lawn mowed or much laundry done. The next free evening I have is Thursday and I probably will be cited by the city for a stand or two of grass being too long. I wish I knew a neighborhood kid I could pay $5 bucks to mow it just this once. Hey $5.00 is a deal for as little as the yard is!

I'll have to do laundry at some point this week or by Weds. I won't be able to attend work in anything but PJ's!

I might as well go throw a load in now...

Ta Ta

No comments: