Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The games are over....for now.

The car search is over for now...sigh. I waved Bye Bye as I could not get the deal I wanted. They did finally offer to pay off my car completely but...I got the actual payoff amount (from my bank) and the dealer had "inadvertently" added almost $300 in an overage.

Hmmmmmm...

They found out that my Credit Union would only finance the NADA value of the car and decided if I wanted the car I would have to go back up to 11.25% interest rate to be financed through them...well maybe they could get 10.25%....

Hmmmmmmmm.......


Then they started criticizing the credit union I work with. The CU that has walked me through other loans successfully... my student loans...my line of credit for surviving the divorce... helped guide me through "finances 101" after my Dad passed away.

And he had the nerve to tell me they weren't looking out for me like their dealership was?!!?

These people I have know less than 3 days were taking care of me better than the people who have known me by name and account numbers for the last 17 years? The people who pull my account up as I approach the window because they recognize me... The people who teared up at the window when they heard of a miscarriage... The people who helped me protect my accounts and assets before I filed for divorce so that Big Red couldn't take advantage of me....

I don't think the people at the dealership had my best interests in mind like my Credit Union does. I know some of you may think I am exaggerating but this truly is how my CU treats my family and I. Am I right sis?

The dealership was kind enough..cough cough...to give me back the deposit check and tell me I could change my mind at any time...or talk my credit union into "working with such a valued member" to get a higher loan amount...but the car is not worth $$ the loan amount...

I should have stuck with my gut instinct to stay away from this particular dealership.

Lesson learned.

I started some research again and discovered I can buy a 2006/2007 car for about the same payment because the loan time is longer.

Who knows.......All I know is I am done looking this week.

3 comments:

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

You did the right thing! Buying a car is no easy task in this day and age. I tend to travel to smaller towns and deal with family owned dealerships. It seems that some of them get the idea of being fair and taking care of the customer results in a long term relationship that brings return business and referrals. I have tried to car shop in Fort Wayne and other members of my family have also, we always return to a small town dealership for the purchase.

Unknown said...

You are totally right about the Credit Union! I mean it doesn't get any better than them! Too bad on the car. I did hear that Pref. Auto is a find and upstanding place....

Patty said...

You know how to use the web...Go to the Volunteers of Americia web sight and check out there cars. A friend of mine says they have FABULOUS deals and she would NEVER buy a car from anywhere else. Bonus, lower cost equals less payments.