Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ode to a toy store


I can not imagine working in a toy store anytime but especially at Christmas time. But in a salute to my friend who works in the land of misfit toys I am posting this:

Some of the many reasons I was fired from working at the local toy store...

Every time you're passed over for a promotion, you stick your head in an Easy Bake Oven and threaten to "end it all."

You got caught adding a garage to your house using embezzled Lego bricks.

You went overboard with your GI Joe Militia display by adding the Tonka truck full of fertilizer.

Cross-dressing the Ken and Barbie dolls and telling kids they're the new "Jerry Springer" edition.

The "My Little Taxidermy Kit" (with starter squirrel) is not selling.

Impromptu demonstrations of why Malibu Ken is not anatomically correct.

Got caught doing your Dolly Parton impression with basketballs again.

Jaws of life needed to pull your knees out of your chest after you jackknifed a Big Wheel.

Your sales display, "Barbie's Struggle for Survival in Post-Nuclear Holocaust Malibu" was not exactly an overwhelming success.

Regardless of the question, you answer, "Bite me, kid -- I'm on break."

4 comments:

Patty said...

Somebody has too much time on their hands. JK! What does it say about me that I could relate to, and thought this post was funny? Especially the easy bake oven one!

Laura said...

OMG, I never tried that stuff! (Well, except the "bite me" thing.) I am totally going to steal that for my MySpace. The toy store people are there.

Unknown said...

Oh I had to giggle at that one!

cmhl said...

I love the easy bake oven one!!! hahahah!!!