Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dreaming of warmer days



It is so cold here I am actually missing the warmth of Jamaica. The warmth that I thought would give me a heat stroke but warm nonetheless.

I continue to miss the camaraderie that we formed as a team down there. I still see almost everyone on the team weekly but it is just not the same.

I miss starting my day praying with 9 other women.

I miss not needing to worry about the everyday stuff of life and just serving the children and the people at the Children's home.

I miss the closeness I felt with those people.

I miss the "What happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica" moments that were SO funny and not at all like the kinds of things that would happen in Vegas.

I still laugh when I think of one of my roommates screaming as she sprayed the bugs on the wall with the pesticide just to have all the little tiny ants come flying back at her hair. She was next in the shower no questions asked.

Maybe someday I will get to go back.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Of course you will! You can do anything you put your mind to. Isn't that how you got there the last time, by first believing you could?