Monday, July 02, 2007

Post # 600


It has been just over 5 years since I have had a drink.

I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant about 2 weeks after a Bachelorette party for a friend..where I had been drinking. That was the twins. I lost them a month later and 7 weeks later. Of course I blamed the drinks I had for the reason I miscarried them. Now I know better but then it was different.

I also have always had a problem with stopping at 1 or 2 drinks...therefore I just don't drink. I used to drink 2 entire bottles of cheap wine without really phasing me much. It usually took the better part of a fifth of anything to have any effect. But I never really stopped until a friend took me home or I passed out.

Therefore I just don't drink.

Well until today.

On my way home I stopped to get a gallon of milk and saw those cute little bottles of White Russians.

I bought a 4 pack.

I will not be purchasing anymore. Nothing has changed. I was well through the third bottle before I stopped to think about it.

But hey it is my 600th post today so why not celebrate and thin the blood a little while I am at it!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Is it the taste or the way it makes you feel that keeps you tipping once you start?