Monday, July 09, 2007

Oh Mommy dearest....

If you have read this blog for very long you will know that I am not a Pink Feather Boa type of girl.

You will also know that I live in my Mother's house and she does not.

She made an appearance at the humble home today while I was gone.

Every time she comes somehow my bed gets filled with things.

Today I came home to find a Pink Feather Boa wrapped around a hat, a trash can, a newspaper and a lampshade all on my bed. They had moved a file cabinet out of my bedroom and replaced it with an end table. I knew they were coming and had prepared my room the best I could but somehow these things HAD to be placed on my bed.

THEN she had enough nerve to reprimand me for not having a dresser or Chest of Drawers in my bedroom yet! I explained that it was buried in the garage and I couldn't get to either of them.

She said if I got rid of the Pepsi boxes (which I was saving for a Fort at work) I would have enough room for the stuff in the garage to come in the house.

There are 7 boxes. Total.

It is a full one car garage.

Hmmmmmm.

I don't think so.

I did manage to stop short of telling her to get her crap out of the house so I can see the house uncluttered before I buy it!

I am buying it...just not fast enough for her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like another joyfilled visit.

Patty said...

I know it isn't funny when it is happening to you, but I laughed anyway.

Crap in the garage is something me and mine are always arguing about. Ours is attached to the house so it is bad feng Shui to have it messy. Just cleaned for the graduation in May it is driving me nuts with clutter.