Monday, August 13, 2007

I have a new(er) computer!


So after fighting with my old computer and battling a virus (and being off line for almost a month) I am back!!!!

My computer guru sister has assembled a new computer system for me and after much debugging, defragmenting and fine tuning I am finally up and running! I think she got me back online to help deal with the REALLY ODD emails that our Mommy Dearest has been sending :o)

I have so much to say but I will start slow and catch you (all 4 readers I have) up over the next several days.

THE UN-ANNIVERSARY:

So earlier this month I would have had my 6th wedding anniversary. It happened to correspond with the Women of Faith conference this year. This helped tremendously. The theme was Amazing Freedom and that is what I was trying to grasp onto as this day rolled closer.

I am Free.

I am free of Big Red. I am free of the pain he has brought into my life. I am free to live my life according to God's will. I am free to date. I am free to hold onto God tightly as my Rock and source of courage and strength. I am free to be me!

It is a lot easier to type that out than live that out. But I try.

I have been reading a lot in the Message version of the Bible lately. This has caught my eye:

2 Corinthians 5:17

16-20Because of this decision we don't evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly don't look at him that way anymore. Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We're Christ's representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them. We're speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he's already a friend with you.

2 comments:

Betty Boob said...

Welcome back......by the way....there are more than 4 readers out there reading!
:0)

CC said...

I'm glad that God put the Women of Faith conference in your path as your un-anniversary approached. Maybe it was his way of letting you know that he and others are with you and there for you while you go through everything. :)