Thursday, January 10, 2008

Job Description?


So I have a varied job description thus far...

  • I have learned phone etiquette for this particular business.
  • I have learned phone scripts and the most positive ways to phrase things
  • I have made phone calls
  • Practiced phone calls until my mouth was so dry I could barely speak
  • OK maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration but I have made literally thousands of calls to the other employees I am training with
  • Today we figured out our new headsets and the little quirks they have.
  • We also put together one of the three desks we will be using as well as all three chairs. The other two desks will be in next Wednesday.
One of the really odd things is that I am now working at this new job with a girl I haven't seen since I was 8 or 9 years old. She lived next to me for a year or so when I was a kid. The last time she saw me she was 5 or 6. Really odd after all these years.

She has been asking me a lot of questions about God. She has been to church a few times but not anything that she would classify as a commitment. Seems to me that God really wanted me to have this job for more than one reason.

1 comment:

Patty said...

He does have a plan for us doesn't he? And sometimes even gives us a little advance peek at things so we can see the divinity in an ordinary, just got to eat job. I am reading this book right now that is called No Ordinary Moments, and that is exactly the point; there is divine and spiritual in every moment of our life if we chose to see it.