Saturday, October 06, 2007

From generation to generation...


So my lovely sister and I introduced the Squirrel (aka my nephew) to the movie "Goonies". At first it was like pulling teeth to get him to sit down for this movie...he whined...he complained...he almost threw a full fledged fit but stopped just as the map was pulled out in the movie. Soon he was fully enthralled in the movie...and loved it!

I remember seeing this movie in the theater as somehow my sister convinced my Mom to let me go see it with her. This became one of my favorite movies. I had the poster, the folders for school and envied the kids lucky enough to get the lunch box.

This was the movie everyone in my generation loved. Some were too old for E.T. and some of us were too young to see the Star Wars movies but we all loved The Goonies. I think the Goonies was so popular because it was ever person's dream regardless of age. To stumble upon a get rich quick plan that actually works and saves the day while becoming a hero to all (including parents), catching the bad guys and finding a girlfriend/boyfriend was the ultimate dream.

This movie is one of the greatest ever and I am really glad that after all the teeth pulling to get the Squirrel to actually watch it that he ended up really loving it.

2 comments:

Lee said...

"The Goonies" happens to be one of our favourite movies, too. The boys can't get enough of the "broken p*" scene! A bit of trivia? What do "The Goonies" and "The Lord of the Rings" have in common? (It may be common knoweledge, but I was really surprised when it came to me.) Leo

Salar37_Shushan said...

I loved Goonies as a kid! My kids enjoyed it too thoguh there were some moments that they felt were a bit 'rough' for a kids film. Still the ending is so great & the pirate ship & the heroism of the 'losers' - yeah a lot of us related to that, I think.

Susan