Sunday, October 01, 2006

The long awaited report


Ok here are the highlights:

* They are one of the cutest older couples I have seen in a long time.
* When they look at each other you can see the love they have for each other in their eyes.
* My Mom actually paused during the vows at the part that says... for richer or poorer.
* They had country western music playing before the ceremony and as they walked down the isle together. As everyone turned to watch them walk down the isle the lyrics to the song playing where....are you ready....."and people look at us like we're crazy but...."that's all I heard before I started laughing.
* The Pastor wore black jeans and a cowboy hat to fit in with the motif of the wedding.


* The reception discussions where varied. They included how wonderful the cake was and could I get them her name and number.... Look how cute all those little old couples look square dancing....Can you really square dance to the neutron dance?
* Where are the Bride and Groom? They must be running late. (Little known fact was that my Mom had to go home in between the church and reception to finish packing for the honeymoon.)
* Bubba and his family came to the wedding and reception. An olive branch was extended but no one really thought he would actually come. For more on his personality click here.
* I have finally met all of the step siblings even the ones from out of state now.
* What on earth possesed Beau to have a gathering without coffee? Has he even met my sister?
Of course he has but he wasn't thinking about it when planning the wedding.
* Beau and Mom took us all out to dinner after the reception. It was nice but everyone was tired. Beau was anxious to get on the road. Their goal for the night was to find a hotel with a hottub in the room. To relax....at least I'm going to try to believe what they said.
* I ended up with all the presents, cards and things they didn't want to take on the honeymoon. Including the big green HUGE thermos type thing that was filled with Starbucks coffee that I had to return today. Thanks to that friend who made the coffee run in the middle of the reception.
* It will be a long time before I line dance that much again. I have muscles that hurt because they haven't been used in years. No really....YEARS!

Overall a good time was had by all and I am glad that I never have to help my Mom get married again. I hope.

No comments: