Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gobble Gobble

Oh the joys of eating ourselves to oblivion and then napping on the couch for the rest of the afternoon is one of the Hallmarks of my Family traditions on Thanksgiving. Eating, talking then eating more, then talking and finally dessert. We did have "extra" people this year in the form of the inlaws from "that other country". They had never experienced Thanksgiving... so this year was even more traditional than usual.

This year Big Red and his Mother were noticeably absent. Not that they were invited but it all started to hit home again today. My life will never be the same again. Hopefully down the road it will be better but for now definitely different. I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I expected to hear from him today. We haven't spoken since last Friday. Then again today is a sentimental day for the 2 of us. Five years ago on Thanksgiving day Big Red proposed in the middle of my sister's living room in front of my family.

I'm just sad that things have turned out the way they have.

No comments: