Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh the humanity!

So I think you might have read about my flat tire on the scooter issue on Coffee's blog under the title of

Yet the oddity continues . . .

Sigh...I miss my scooter! I was out driving around blowing off some steam to begin with and BAM! Flat tire.

I personally want to blame the city of Fort Wayne. The way I figure it if they agree to drop the ticket (A stupid parking too close to the corner ticket of which I was more than the required amount of space away from the corner) I will agree not to ask them to replace my tire.

Follow me here..

I remember driving through the intersection of Main and Fairfield where an abundance of sawdust-like material was spread over a prior accident that must have occurred. Less than 2 blocks later the scooter is out of commission over a flat tire.

So therefore the "shard of metal" plucked from my flat tire was the fault of the city!

So I am informed by the testosterone laden folks in my life that I need to replace the inner tube like thing so that I can continue to scoot about. I managed to find one available and a place open on Monday...so I scurry off to purchase one.

As I'm being given instructions on how to install it a Friend's husband offers to just come over and do this job as it is "simple". He comes over and the children play at the neighbor's house with my supervision of course. Gets it all done and Presto!

The new tire leaks!

So after a consultation it is determined that I will be purchasing a few tire repair kits to fix the old tire and the new tire as well so I will now have a spare as well if all goes well.

So off I journey to the store to get the necessary parts.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Seems like it is always something doesn't it? Hang in there and do what you need to to fix the scooter as it is your "ME TIME" and something you can't give up!